Accuphase DP-900 SACD/CD Dedicated Transport
The SA-CD drive in the DP-900 was developed in-house by Accuphase to assure the best possible performance. Its ultra-massive design combines superior rigidity with outstanding accuracy. Compared to a CD drive, an SA-CD drive has a higher revolution rate, and pickup positioning accuracy as well as suppression of vibrations must be of a higher order, to allow full access to the enormous amount of information stored on the disc.
In the transport, a digital servo with a dedicated DSP assures accurate readout of the signal recorded on the SA-CD using the DSD (Direct Stream Digital) principle. This is sustained by a single-lens/twin laser diode pickup mounted to a high-speed access mechanism. The mechanism not only realizes optimal reproduction of SA-CDs, it also is capable of extracting a super-accurate signal from conventional CDs. The output for both SA-CD and CD is provided via the Accuphase exclusive high-performance digital interface HS-LINK (RJ-45 connector). The CD output is also available via a dedicated coaxial connector.
• Dedicated digital output only SA-CD/CD transport with ultra-high-speed FPGA for digital processing and highly accurate signal pickup.
• Ultra massive chassis construction and newly developed high-rigidity, high-precision SA-CD/CD drive.
• Sophisticated signal processing technology assures excellent signal quality also from conventional CD media.
• Single-lens/twin pickup high-speed access mechanism employs two laser diodes, one for SA-CD (650 nm) and one for CD (780 nm).
• Accuphase’s proprietary high-quality digital audio interface HS-LINK.
• RJ-45 output (HS-LINK) for SA-CD and CD, and dedicated coaxial output for CD. HSLINK connection to DC-901 can carry both SA-CD and CD signals.
• Power supply with two high-efficiency toroidal transformers and custom-made high quality filtering capacitors (3000?F × 10) allows separate powering of signal processing circuitry and drive section.
• Display can show text data with disc title, artist information, etc.
• “High Carbon” cast iron insulator feet with superior damping characteristics ensure quiet operation of both DP-900 and DC-901, and further enhance sound quality.
• Both DP-900 and DC-901 feature massive cabinets with wood finish.